cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcook
Community Member

Cengage Mindtap Question

Does anyone know how to unlink a Cengage Mindtap course in Canvas?  I accidentally linked the wrong course.

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dcook ‌...

I spent some time this evening chatting with Instructure technical support to see if there was anything they could do on their end.  I had initially thought that you'd be able to go into Canvas, click on "Account", and then "Settings" ... and then scroll down to the "Approved Integrations" area to remove the "Cengage" listing that you see there.  However, because we added the Cengage LTI app at the account level vs. the course level, you cannot remove that row from your screen.

I took a look at your up-coming Fall 2017 courses, and I made an educated guess that you are referring to your "Intro to Surgical Technology" (CRN 20521) course.  (This was the one I could find that has the "Cengage" button activated.)  When I masqueraded as you and accessed the "Cengage" link, I see that you have the "Surgical Technology for the Surgical Technologist A Positive Care Approach..." item connected (with the orange "Linked to Course" label).  I *think* this is what you want changed.  There is a small "Exit" link at the bottom of the table of information, but I'm not sure if that would get you back to being able to select a different item.  If that won't work, I think the next thing you'll have to do is reach out to the Cengage technical support folks...because this is a third-part integration inside of Canvas.

I am going to share your question with our private MPTC group here in the Canvas Community as well....so that others from our school also see your posting here in the Community.

jhalter‌...I recall that you've had a bit of experience with the Mindtap LTI integration.  Do you know if it's possible to select a different course in the Mindtap interface as Danielle has asked?

Please let me know if you have any other questions...thanks Danielle!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @dcook !

I haven't heard from you via school e-mail or phone call since you first posted this in early August, but I wanted to check in with you.  I'm hopeful that you've been able to get things ironed out here?  If so, and if you feel that my above response can be marked as "Correct", please feel free to do that.  Or, if you're still looking for some help, please come back to this thread to post an update below.  For now, since there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for quite a while, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions/comments related to this discussion topic below.  I hope that's alright with you, Danielle.  Looking forward to hearing back from you.

barbara_mcmilla
Community Member

I just did the same thing. I have contacted Cengage technical support and have not been able to get the matter resolved. I really need help!