Jump to solution

I may be the only one, but I'm going to forget all these different locations:

learn.canvas.net

learning.instructure.com

resources.instructure.com

community.canvaslms.com

canvas.instructure.com

live.canvaslms.com

Is there somewhere with all the links, sites, microsites, etc. laid out and explained...?

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Dawn and Adam,

There are all those sites and Canvas instances (many 1000s of Canvas instances, actually).  There isn't a comprehensive index of all Canvas instances and related sites but you have listed most of the big ones:

• learn.canvas.net - Canvas Network; a platform for MOOCs and large scale courses
  • learning.instructure.com - The Keep Learning Blog, owned by the Research and Education arm of Instructure.  Last updated in May
  • resources.instructure.com - an instance of Canvas mainly used by the community team as a place to store example and resource focused courses.
  • community.canvaslms.com - Home of the Canvas Community
  • canvas.instructure.com - Free for Teacher where anyone can create courses and invite students for free
  • live.canvaslms.com - redirects to the home of CanvasLIVE in the community

View solution in original post

17 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Hey drimmer@bromsgrove-school.co.uk​, I don't have an answer for you yet but I've reached out to a few folks to see what they might know. Good question though.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Dawn and Adam,

There are all those sites and Canvas instances (many 1000s of Canvas instances, actually).  There isn't a comprehensive index of all Canvas instances and related sites but you have listed most of the big ones:

• learn.canvas.net - Canvas Network; a platform for MOOCs and large scale courses
  • learning.instructure.com - The Keep Learning Blog, owned by the Research and Education arm of Instructure.  Last updated in May
  • resources.instructure.com - an instance of Canvas mainly used by the community team as a place to store example and resource focused courses.
  • community.canvaslms.com - Home of the Canvas Community
  • canvas.instructure.com - Free for Teacher where anyone can create courses and invite students for free
  • live.canvaslms.com - redirects to the home of CanvasLIVE in the community

View solution in original post

Highlighted

My recommendation and what I did was create a "Canvas" folder under my browser bookmarks and added all of these links. That way I'll have them at my fingertips any time I need them! In addition, each person probably things of them as something slightly different (name or function wise), so it's nice that I can name them anything I want so I remember what each really is/does! Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Member

kona@richland.eduand scottd@instructure.com, thanks for the information: I think I am just concerned that there might be other juicy Canvas tidbits out that that I'll miss if they aren't placed in an obvious place, like a homepage or directory: imagine how sad we'd be if there was a secretawesomeness.canvaslms.com but we weren't in the loop!

Highlighted

imagine how sad we'd be if there was a secretawesomeness.canvaslms.com but we weren't in the loop!

Quickly, drimmer@bromsgrove-school.co.uk​: Buy that domain! :smileylaugh:

In all seriousness, I long ago gave up on trying to remember what URL directed me to which resource. (You would be astonished at the size of the list of "instructure" URLs that pops up when I authenticate into the Community every morning.) Like kona@richland.edu​, I create a folder of bookmarks with carefully devised titles (that I will readily recognize) to keep track of all of this. And I also rely heavily upon the Community's robust search features to help me find something when I lose it (and I do!). These two tactics generally keep me covered.

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'd say that your list looks like the main ones you'd want. I can't think of any other super amazing secret sites. Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Community Member

...or at least you're not allowed to say... Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I wish there were a way that I could just bookmark individual replies.  Smiley Wink  I'll suffice for bookmarking this whole page.  Thanks Dr. Rimmer!

Highlighted
Community Member

Monosnap 2016-08-15 09-12-04.pngYou sort of can bookmark replies doing what kona/stefanie have suggested. But first, click the date/time of the individual reply that you wish to bookmark. It will give you a permalink to the specific reply. Once there, click and hold the icon to the left of the https://... and drag it into your bookmark bar, just below, or into an appropriate folder in the bookmark bar!

Hope that helps!

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels