cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Change Canvas Community username

Jump to solution

When I signed up for the Canvas Community, I assumed that my log-in username/email address should be the same as for my Free-For-Teachers​ account. Now, I can't change it. Who can I contact about this? The Jive help information wasn't useful.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Well, not resolved, but if students end up using the community, I better keep my 'official title'...just felt a bit silly having other adults call me Dr. Rimmer online!

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

No worries, drimmer@bromsgrove-school.co.uk​; I'll bring this to the attention of someone in the Community who can sort this out for you.

Highlighted

Thank you!

Highlighted

Hello Dr Rimmer,

Are you still looking to change your account display info?

Highlighted

Yes, please!

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

drimmer@bromsgrove-school.co.uk​ and scottd@instructure.com​, can you confirm that this has been resolved? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Well, not resolved, but if students end up using the community, I better keep my 'official title'...just felt a bit silly having other adults call me Dr. Rimmer online!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

No worries, drimmer@bromsgrove-school.co.uk​. I've seen other Community members do the same, for much the same reasons, and they generally sign their posts with the name they'd prefer to be called within these friendly confines. So if my Community profile were "Professor Sanders," I'd sign my posts:

Thanks for letting us know!

Stefanie

Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

drimmer@bromsgrove-school.co.uk​, can I call you Professor Dr Rimmer, PhD?

Highlighted

Oh, if only I had a professorship... One day...