Change student's user privileges

Jump to solution
renita_coleman
Community Novice

I'd like to make a suggestion to improve Canvas. This involves changing the student's privileges under "User Details." Currently, the default is “Let this user see all course users.” To change this to allow them to see only the users in their section, you have to manually change it for every student. I have more than 100 students I have to do this for. It would be great if there was a way to change the default all at one time in a batch. If I could change the whole course to “this user can only view students in their assigned course section(s)” all at once. This was not a problem until COVID; now that we are teaching online, I need to have them in their small groups discussion sections on Canvas (because I can't have them in small groups sections in person). The Canvas support person told me there was no way to do this currently; if mistaken, please direct me to how. Thanks.

1 Solution
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@renita_coleman  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

You'll want to join the discussion underway at https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/5584-course-level-setting-restrict-users-to-their-own-sections and follow the idea to stay informed of updates as they occur.

View solution in original post

0 Likes