Change the size of an embedded Google Doc

Jump to solution
dombroskim
Community Participant

Can I change the aspect ratio for embedding Google Docs?  I want it to fill the screen on the Canvas page instead of half.  I don't want the students to have to scroll across the embedded document to see the rest of the document.  Here is a screenshot of what I mean. 

334312_pastedImage_1.png

See how it just stops halfway across the 'page' (from Previous to Next buttons).  Students have to scroll to see the full width of the Google Doc.

When I add pictures I can change the size; same with videos.  I would like to resize the embedded Google Doc as well.

3 Solutions
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Yes,  @dombroskim , you can change the size of the frame—and you absolutely should. You'll find lots of tips for this at Using Google Docs for dynamic Canvas content

I notice that in your screenshot, the native Google toolbar is displaying. If you publish your document to the web, harvest the embed code, and alter the width parameter as explained in the blog post, the tools won't display and the document will be indistinguishable from other content on the page.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

This sounds just like what I want to be able to do, but when I embed, the doc display gets even smaller.  Can you give a troubleshooting guide about how to make this work? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes