Changing Mark for one member in a Group Assignment Submission

Jump to solution
eelijidoten
Community Novice

In a group assignment submission that is marked using speed grader, how can I manually change one member's mark without changing the rest of the team's marks? 

1 Solution
ericwerth
Community Explorer

Hi eelijidoten Admittedly I have not tried this myself, but I was looking up possible solutions and ran into this feature idea that addressed your need which you may be interested in voting up, https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/12617-a-better-way-to-give-individual-grades-in-group-assignme....  In the thread, one of the Community members,   @gln103 , posted a work around he has found:

"I have successfully tested a solution to this issue.  To change the assignment grade of a single member of a group:

1. Make sure the "Assign Grades to Each Student Individually" is NOT selected.
  2. Assign the overall "group" grade"
  3. Go back and select the "Assign Grades to Each Student Individually"
  4. Change the grade of the individual student which you want to have a grade different than the rest of their group
  5. Go back and unselect the "Assign Grades to Each Student Individually" so that, in the future, if you want to assign grades to the entire group, the assignment will do that by default (ex: you copy this assignment into a future semester).

I know it's not elegant, but it works.

Thanks, Gary"

In the same thread,  @RobDitto , links to site that discusses a bit more about how the new (now default) gradebook allows for filtering that simplifies the process of locating these grades in the gradebook and making adjustments to scores there.

I hope this helps and best wishes! 

View solution in original post