cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Changing a grade in the grade book after course closes.

Jump to solution

How do I edit a grade in the grade book after the course closes?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Jennifer,

At my institution once a course closes our policy is for them to submit a help desk ticket to the Canvas Admins and request for that course to be opened up and provide the length of time the course needs to be re-opened. That said I would recommend reaching out to your local Canvas Admin's to see what your schools policy is and request assistance in updating a grade in your closed course. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Jennifer,

At my institution once a course closes our policy is for them to submit a help desk ticket to the Canvas Admins and request for that course to be opened up and provide the length of time the course needs to be re-opened. That said I would recommend reaching out to your local Canvas Admin's to see what your schools policy is and request assistance in updating a grade in your closed course. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

I think most schools have course expiration set to be triggered by terms, so I'd second Brian's bneporadny@southcollegetn.edu suggestion to start with local admins.  Keep in mind that when opened back up,  the students will have access and it will show up in their dashboards again. You'll want to coordinate the opening and closing closely to avoid confusion. Sometimes it's easier if you just give them the grade and have them enter it for you if you don't need Speedgrader or comments.