cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Changing of Password

Jump to solution

How can I reset my admin password in the production and test site? Before I can see the 'Change Password' link but now it is not available anymore.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hello mgchua@fatima.edu.ph...

Since you also have an integrated SIS and SSO, changing your password will most likely not work using the "how to" Guide that I provided.  You would need to change your password via your SIS ... however your IT department at your school has set that up for all staff.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, mgchua@fatima.edu.ph...

If you take a look at the section called "Edit Login" about half-way down this Guide: How do I manage a user's login information in an account?, you'll see how to change your password.  However, before you change your password here, please read through the information in the blue box at the top of that Guide.  Pay special attention to the second bullet point under "Notes":

If your account manages user information through a student information system (SIS), changes will also have to be made in the SIS. Any changes made in Canvas will not be passed back to the SIS.

So, for example, at our school we have the Banner SIS integrated with Canvas for SSO (Single Sign On).  If I were to change my password using the directions in the Guide that I have linked above, it would not change my password in Banner which I use on a daily basis to sign in to Canvas.  Banner has it's own process to change my password because of our SSO.

I hope this helps, Marissa.

Community Member

Hi Chris! Thanks for your time reading and responding to my concern. Our institution is also integrated with our SIS and Canvas and also applied Single Sign-on. I will try the link that you provided, Thank you so much. 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hello mgchua@fatima.edu.ph...

Since you also have an integrated SIS and SSO, changing your password will most likely not work using the "how to" Guide that I provided.  You would need to change your password via your SIS ... however your IT department at your school has set that up for all staff.

View solution in original post

Labels