cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor II

Changing or Adding Fonts to Rich Content Editor?

Jump to solution

There appears to be no option to change the default font, or to use more than one font, in any of the features that use the rich content editor. I tried the HTML editor and wasn't able to change the font there either. Are we actually, truly limited to using only this one font? If so, that seems bizarre. If not, is this something my administrator may have blocked our access to for some reason? Thanks for any help with this!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

It is standard functionality that font cannot be changed in the RCE. This is a good discussion (with links to similar discussions) - " modifiedtitle="true" title=" More Font Options - the bottom line being that it's for reasons of accessibility.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Community Member

It is standard functionality that font cannot be changed in the RCE. This is a good discussion (with links to similar discussions) - " modifiedtitle="true" title=" More Font Options - the bottom line being that it's for reasons of accessibility.

View solution in original post

Thank you for the reply and link to the discussion. I do understand, of course, the importance of making accessibility a priority, but limiting the possibilities to a single font, when the reality is that there is actually a fairly wide range of fonts that are certified as meeting accessibility standards, strikes me as unfortunate with regard to course page design. I hope the Canvas development team will revisit this issue! It's difficult to design a dynamic and engaging course site with one font.

Community Team
Community Team

finnegan@dyc.edu, I was struck by your comment:

I tried the HTML editor and wasn't able to change the font there either

I just tested this and had no difficulty changing the font in the HTML editor by adding the attribute:

font-family:timesnewroman;

So that brings me to this:

...is this something my administrator may have blocked our access to for some reason?

Quite possibly, so you should check with your Canvas Admin.

Thanks, Stefanie! I will investigate.