cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradhorn
Community Member

Changing page type + a mystery!

Jump to solution

Not sure if this is a bug or something I did by mistake, but I have a page that's appearing in both my list of "pages" and in my list of "assignments." It *isn't* an assignment and wasn't set up that way, yet it is now appearing there. Can I change the designation of the type of the page, or simply "remove" it from the list of assignments without deleting it altogether? Each link goes to the same document—if I make a change in the document after clicking the "assignments" link, those changes appear in the document after clicking the "pages" link.

Any guidance or ideas appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

bradhorn, are you using that page as part of a Mastery Path? If so, then I believe that's the reason it's showing up under Assignments.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
James
Navigator

bradhorn

This is definitely not expected behavior as things have a definite type and you can't change them if you wanted to. I can't even begin to fathom that without screen shots to confirm we're on the same page (pun intended). Only if one of your "lists" is the modules page or you accidentally left yourself logged in and someone was being "funny" does it come anywhere close to making sense.

I'd start with forcing a browser refresh and see if the problem still persists.

If that doesn't help, here are some things to try to clean it up.

Go into the page and rename it and see what happens. Is it still appearing both places with the same name?

If so, then we need to get rid of the bad one, but we want to save the content first. Go into the page you just renamed, click Edit, highlight and copy all of the content, then hit Cancel. Create a new page and paste the content it into that page.

Delete the assignment and see what happens.

Delete the old page if necessary.

Verify both are gone.

Rename your new page to be the same name as your old page.

A good idea would be to go to course settings and run the Link Validator to make sure there aren't any orphaned links after the process.

Good luck.

or it could be Mastery Paths.

bradhorn
Community Member

Hey, James. Just wanted to say thanks for really putting your back into it on your reply. I appreciate it.

bradhorn
Community Member

This made me laugh.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Made me laugh too and James definitely gets an A+ for effort!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

bradhorn, are you using that page as part of a Mastery Path? If so, then I believe that's the reason it's showing up under Assignments.

View solution in original post

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I just checked and per this guide, How do I allow a page to be a MasteryPath module item? it states:

Once a page has been enabled for MasteryPaths, the page can also be viewed in the Assignments Index Page.

bradhorn
Community Member

Dang you're good, Kona. I'm impressed. I vote for a raise for Kona!

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'd second that! No really, I'm just happy I was able to help! And... if I happened to actually know something James didn't... well... that might just be a pretty little bonus! LOL 🙂

Great, now I'm going to have to learn mastery paths just to keep up with Kona.