Chat Function Missing

Jump to solution
dsubrizi
Community Member

Up until this evening, I had a chat function on my canvas account.  I wrote to my class and advised them all to introduce themselves on chat.  I returned tonight to find that the chat function was was missing from my canvas.  I have searched throughout the program and can not find it.  Also i could not locate any previous answered questions where this was addressed.  Any Help?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @dsubrizi  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Happy New Year!  I am assuming that you are referring to the Chat tool as described in these Guides:

If so, is it possible that your "Chat" button somehow became hidden in your course navigation?  You might need to re-enable the "Chat" button in your course.  Please check out: How do I manage Course Navigation links?  Or, you might need to talk with your school's local Canvas administrator to see if they can assist with turning on the Chat tool for you.  Or, one last option would be to contact the folks at the Canvas Help Desk to see if they might be able to dig deeper into this issue for you ... since the vast majority of Community users don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question.  Check out: How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

I hope these resources will be of help to you, Dennis.  Please let us know if you have any additional questions about the above...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes