cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kstewart4
Surveyor

Chemical Structures

Is there any way to incorporate a chemical structure drawing tool into a quiz?  I need the students to be able to draw a compound as an answer.  I know there are several online tools (chemdraw, chemsketch, Sketcher, Marvinsketch) that are free, but the students cannot use them during an exam because of the Lockdown browser.

Any help? 

Thanks!

3 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kstewart4 ​, as far as I'm aware, no, there is no way to embed this into a quiz. There are ways  to do it outside the quiz and upload back to the quiz, but as you said they would be prevented/stopped if you're also using Respondus.

Did you figure out another work around to this?

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @kstewart4 ​...

I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since  @kona ​ responded on September 26th.  Did the response from Kona help to answer your question?  Are you still looking for help finding an answer?  Or, have you been able to come up with a solution?  If you've found a solution, could you please post that for members of the Canvas Community?  For now, I am going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from adding additional questions/comments below.  Also, if you want, please mark Kona's response as "Correct" if you believe it answers your question.  Thanks Kevin!

scott_melideo
Community Member

There is still no answer. I am relatively new to Canvas and just asked about this, and there is still no solution. Having this feature would be great!