cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zalghunaim
Community Member

I cant upload any assignment using chrome. I've tried multiple devices. They all get stuck on the "submitting..." button. How can I resolve this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobDitto
Navigator

Do you use LastPass? Our students who use LastPass's Chrome extension have found they must disable it, or submit in incognito mode:

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/61157-lastpass-incompatible-with-assignment-submission 

Both LastPass and Canvas Support are investigating; preliminarily this seems to relate to a change LastPass made in January.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Hello,  @zalghunaim , and welcome to the Canvas Community! Chrome generally doesn't present issues of this type, and you state you've tried different devices, so I'm not sure it's the browser that's at issue. Just to be sure, have you tried a different browser? I find that Canvas works well in Firefox. If that fails, you'll probably need a support agent to have a look at the particulars of your Canvas instance, so your best bet is to initiate a support ticket by clicking on the Help button that appears in the global (left) navigation (if you're on a desktop or laptop device)--and ideally, start that ticket right from the assignment page on which you're experiencing the problem. Instructions for getting help are in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-1524?sr=search&searchId=a51fee71-f10b-410c-8e3d-b65a9102a43...

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

...also,  @zalghunaim ‌, I wonder about the size of the file. Is it a large file, e.g. of the media type?

RobDitto
Navigator

Do you use LastPass? Our students who use LastPass's Chrome extension have found they must disable it, or submit in incognito mode:

https://community.canvaslms.com/message/61157-lastpass-incompatible-with-assignment-submission 

Both LastPass and Canvas Support are investigating; preliminarily this seems to relate to a change LastPass made in January.

View solution in original post

@zalghunaim ‌, LastPass fixed their Chrome extension's incompatibility with Canvas file upload assignment submission. You can get the latest extension here:

Download LastPass | LastPass 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @zalghunaim ‌...

We haven't heard from you since you first posted this message.  I thought I would check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this particular topic since late February.  Have you had a chance to review the responses from stefaniesanders‌ and  @RobDitto ‌?  If so, did any of those responses help to answer your question?  Or, are you still experiencing issues submitting assignments in Canvas?  If you feel one of the above responses is "Correct", please go ahead and mark it as such.  However, if you are still seeking help with your initial question, please let us know that by posting a message below.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that is okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon, Ziyad.