cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwsjames
Community Member

Chromebook Issues... Images disappearing from .docs

My teachers and students that are using a chromebook are having a hard time with docs with images.  When they open the doc, the images and graphs disappear.  Everything works normal on a Mac though.  Is there a fix?

Tags (2)
3 Replies
ericwerth
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi jwsjames.  I have a couple of quick questions.  Are students viewing these docs in Canvas using the document previewer or downloading them?  Have you noticed any difference if a PDF is opened or a different browser is used (I don't have a Chromebook but understand that at least in some instances Firefox can be downloaded)?  I am just trying to get a sense for if this is happening in some situations but not others on the Chromebooks or everywhere.  Thanks!

Bobby2
Community Coach
Community Coach

Jason same issue with us. Intermittent. Seems better in IE oddly enough. Safari and Chrome didn't love images. but then they came back this afternoon. Mysterious.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, jwsjames...

While I don't really have an answer for you myself, I wanted to check in with you.  I noticed that we have not heard back from you since you first posted this question on December 13, 2017.  Have you had an opportunity to review the feedback that you've received thus far from ericwerth and  @Bobby2 ?  If so, did either of their responses help to answer your question?  Do you have any outstanding questions yet as it relates to your original question?  If you feel that either Eric's or Bobby's response has helped to answer your question, please mark one of their responses as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please come back to this thread to post an update so that someone might be able to help you further.  I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because we've not heard back from you and because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for almost four months.  However, that won't keep you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Jason.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.