Class not showing on Dashboard.

Jump to solution
rodrigp2505
Community Novice

I am enrolled in a class that starts today but it Canvas isn't showing that class on anything besides my all courses list. I tried to click the star to select the class but it says "This course cannot be added to the Courses List at this time." Is it something to do with the instructor or is it something I can fix on my end?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @rodrigp2505  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  When you go to your "Courses" >> "All Courses" screen, does that course indicate if it is published or not?  If it's not published, that may be a reason that you cannot mark it as a favorite with a star.  If you take a look at this Guide, How do I customize my Courses list as a student?, you'll find the following information:

If a course is unpublished and you are allowed to view unpublished courses before the course start date, you cannot favorite the course. If you hover over a star icon for an unpublished course, you can view a message indicating that the course cannot be added as a favorite.

Future and past enrollments also cannot be favorited.

These are all settings that need to be set by the instructor...publishing the course and ensuring that the start/end dates of the course are correct.  I would recommend that you reach out to your instructor if you are unable to access this course and the content within it.  You can contact your instructor by checking on the info in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

I hope this will be of help, Pedro.  Please let Community members know if you have any questions about this information.

View solution in original post

0 Likes