cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
melissa_kamp
Surveyor II

Classic Quiz Point Total in Gradebook

Jump to solution

I am working with a faculty who created and administered a quiz built with the Classic quiz tool. Her quiz has 25 questions -- 1 point each, and this point total displays on the quiz and in the results reported from students taking the quiz. Students' scores are reporting in the corresponding gradebook column, however, the total points in the gradebook column header shows the total points possible as"Out of 0," inflating students' total grades in the course. 

Any ideas as to why this might be happening and how it can be fixed? Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for chiming in, @chofer! The faculty was not using a graded survey -- turns out that it was a bug that resolved itself once the quiz was edited and resaved.  

View solution in original post

2 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @melissa_kamp ...

I'm not sure if this would be the cause of "Out of 0" displaying in the quiz column heading of the Gradebook, but do you know if the faculty member changed her quiz to be a graded survey?  If the quiz was changed to a graded survey, you can actually specify the number of points for the survey ... which is separate from Canvas normally totaling up the number of points automatically.  So, whatever number in in this box shows up in the Gradebook column.

GradedSurvey.jpg

Again, not sure this is the case for your faculty member, but just thought I'd throw this out there as a possibility.  Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for chiming in, @chofer! The faculty was not using a graded survey -- turns out that it was a bug that resolved itself once the quiz was edited and resaved.  

View solution in original post