Classroom - Quiz Help

Jump to solution
erin_hegedus
Community Novice

I viewed a quiz but did not complete it.  However, the status shows that it took me 775 minutes with 1 attempt and no questions answered.

I cannot retake the quiz and when I contacted Tech Support, they said they couldn't help and I should contact my instructor. 

Has anyone experienced this?  

0 Likes
1 Solution
distance_ed1
Community Contributor

Hi Erin! I've seen this happen with students who start a quiz and then leave the page, not realizing that when the due date/time passes, the quiz will automatically submit, even if they haven't answered any questions. That's one possibility. It's also possible that the quiz had a time limit on it (albeit a very long one in this case). The time clock keeps running even if you leave the page.

We highly recommend that you never click the button to start a quiz and view the questions unless you plan on taking it. At best, you lose an attempt at a quiz. At worst, it's very suspicious from an instructor perspective.

If the quiz has locked you out, you'll need to contact your instructor for permission to try again. While your Canvas admins may technically have the ability to unlock it, they can't do so without your instructor's permission in most cases.

Good luck on your next attempt!

All the best,
Danielle

View solution in original post

0 Likes