cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Click on an imbedded image & open it

I have a page with some images embedded in it. The page is text heavy and I've kept the images relatively small so the page is not too long. I'd like the user to be able to click on an image to open it so they can examine it more closely. 

If I link the image to the file, it does not open, rather it goes directly to download. I've figured out a couple of workarounds but I'm wondering if there's an easy way to do this.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello kstrauss@iu.edu Thank You for posting your question.  It sounds like you'd like to have a sort of "lightbox" effect for your students to use when clicking on an image on a page of content in your course.  Well, you're in luck...  I wrote a blog post about just this topic quite a while back...and I believe it should still work today.  I'd invite you to check out my blog posting, Lightbox Effect‌, to see if it meets your needs.  If you have any questions, I can try to answer them as best I can.  Feel free to post your questions at the bottom of the blog.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks Chris, that i a pretty clever solution. Unfortunately I have dozens of images in my pages and I don't want to do that much coding. I think the best solution for me is to link to the images hosted on Box. 

Thanks!

Labels