cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Clicking the Speedgrader link shows only Test Student

Jump to solution

I am a Canvas admin and have several users who only see the Test Student when they click the Speedgrader link from an assignment, quiz or graded discussion.  If they go to the grade book first and then launch Speedgrader from there, they see the full list of students.  If I impersonate that teacher, I get the same result.  If I just navigate to their course as a Canvas admin, I get the normal/correct/expected behavior.  Any insight into why/how to fix this?  

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Surveyor

We finally figured out what was going on.  The teacher had her gradebook filtered by section.  If she removed the filter by section in the gradebook everything worked as expected.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Bren,

Are there multiple sections in the course?  If so, it could be that the instructor is only added to one section and it might be set to only let them interact with students in their section.  If you think this might be the case go to People in the course, click the instructor name, and then click the link to let this user see all course users.

Rick

Rick, 

Thanks for the help.  Same issues here that Bren had.  There are two sections in the course.  I use two different modules for the two different sections, and post assignments in those modules.  Been working fine until today.  No one showing on speedgrader but the test student- but only in one of the sections (modules).  The other one reads fine.  Checked my name in People- I'm listed in both sections.  It says: "this user can view students in any course section," but I still cannot see any students in that one.  What now?   

-dave

Hi

I'm facing the same issue highlighted by Ben.

I am a grader and have access to view students across all sections, however, when I access the speed grader I only see test student. No option  (drop down) to change the section. Similar issues are faced by few other colleagues as well.

Please assist asap.

Regards

Percy

Community Member

Rick, 

Thanks for the help.  Same issues here that Bren had.  There are two sections in the course.  I use two different modules for the two different sections, and post assignments in those modules.  Been working fine until today.  No one showing on speedgrader but the test student- but only in one of the sections (modules).  The other one reads fine.  Checked my name in People- I'm listed in both sections.  It says: "this user can view students in any course section," but I still cannot see any students in that one.  What now?   

-dave

Surveyor

We finally figured out what was going on.  The teacher had her gradebook filtered by section.  If she removed the filter by section in the gradebook everything worked as expected.

View solution in original post

Community Advocate
Community Advocate

You all have saved my morning!!  Thank you!