Co-Teaching: Class Creator, but Not Grader

Jump to solution
rbockhorst
Community Member

I am co-teaching a class with another instructor.  I am responsible for creating the course content on canvas, but he is responsible for grading his students' submissions.  There are four sections cross-linked into my course: 3 of which are mine and 1 which is his.  I am tired of seeing the assignments that he is supposed to grade on my "to-do" list.  How can I make it so that I do not see them?  Can I change my course role to "designer" for just that one section?  Will that resolve the issue? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Try this, it may or may not work depending on how your admins have set up permissions in Canvas.

• Go to the People navigation in Canvas and click on your name
  • In the Membership section, click the link to "limit this user to only see fellow section users".
  • You'll also want to make sure that you are not enrolled in that section you don't want to see.

This should make it so that you can only grade students in your sections and will only see them in your To Do list and in SpeedGrader.  You can also do the same thing for the other instructor if you wish so that he only has access to his own students as well.

Rick

View solution in original post