Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmunoz1
Learner II

Co-editors in e-portfolios?

Jump to solution

Hi! Smiley Happy

I have two professors that would like to work on a same e-portfolio for their department. Does anyone know if I could have a co-editor in Canvas's e-portfolios? Or any other options?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lse224
Community Member

Since ePortfolios are tied to user accounts they are individual. If you need something collaborative I'm not sure it's the best tool for you. We work with a department who uses ePortfolios as a means for assessing students' progress through five mastery areas. It's a professional program, and the students want to take their ePortfolios with them. I often recommend that they export the content from their ePortfolio and use something more lasting (like a website) to display their content instead of Canvas as they'll lose access to it after they graduate. While faculty are often at the university longer than students, I still like to make sure people have a way to easily take their work with them when they're seeking out new opportunities. So long story short - I would check to see if your university has webspace for faculty or suggest they use something like Wordpress to post this kind of professional-support information. You can require a log in for Wordpress sites if they want the information to be shared with only a limited audience.

I hope this helps.

-Lea

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lse224
Community Member

Since ePortfolios are tied to user accounts they are individual. If you need something collaborative I'm not sure it's the best tool for you. We work with a department who uses ePortfolios as a means for assessing students' progress through five mastery areas. It's a professional program, and the students want to take their ePortfolios with them. I often recommend that they export the content from their ePortfolio and use something more lasting (like a website) to display their content instead of Canvas as they'll lose access to it after they graduate. While faculty are often at the university longer than students, I still like to make sure people have a way to easily take their work with them when they're seeking out new opportunities. So long story short - I would check to see if your university has webspace for faculty or suggest they use something like Wordpress to post this kind of professional-support information. You can require a log in for Wordpress sites if they want the information to be shared with only a limited audience.

I hope this helps.

-Lea

View solution in original post

Thank you so much Lea! This will help! Smiley Happy

lse224
Community Member

You're welcome. Good luck!