cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Cocoa Error - File Upload

I have a quiz created that utilizes the file upload question type.  Over the past few days, a number of my students have received the following error code: “cocoa error 132001.”  These students were not able to upload files during the allotted time due to this error.  Can someone please explain what is causing this error and how it can be solved?

8 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi cnapolitano@hse.k12.in.us

This sounds super frustrating.  I'm not sure the community will have an answer, but it was worth asking!  

Have you or your students reported this error to support yet?  If not, please do.  You can report it using the help menu on the left of Canvas and clicking 'report a problem'.  It is even better for support if your students use that same help menu to report the issue when they see the error appear - this provides additional log details as to what's going on in the background.

Thanks so much

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

I just submitted a help request, which I believe gets routed to our district technology department before it goes to Canvas (at least that is what it looked like).  We will see if we can get this sorted out!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer

it does sound good though 😉

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I too encountered this error today. (Cocoa error 132001)
Submitted to support.

Error encountered from Canvas Mobile app for IOS on Iphone 6.
Attempted to upload a file from the camera, and attempted to upload a file from the photo album, both met with this error.
Sent the photo's to my pc, added to a word file, then successfully uploaded to canvas in chrome browser.

Have previously been successful uploading photo's from the camera and from photo album via mobile for homework and lab submissions. This is the first time uploading for a quiz. (midterm exam actually). Not sure if that had anything to do with it.

PS: not sure how to indicate that, in fact, I too have this issue? It seems clunky to comment 'me too' when there seems to be a measure of 'how many people also have this issue'.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

shulling@iastate.edu, to indicate that you too have this issue, please submit your own support case to Canvas Support; the more examples they can collect, the more evidence they will have to remedy the issue.

Highlighted

Received this helpful info from Canvas Support:
"I see that you are having problems downloading an image into Canvas. After looking into the issue I noticed that this error happens when there is an issue with any IOS app freezing in the middle of a download. This could be related to the size of the file or an issue processing data on the device. I recommend clearing the cache on the app and overall on the device. This could clear up after doing so. " -Doug

Highlighted

Thanks for taking the time to share that information here, shulling@iastate.edu!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

shulling@iastate.edu, this was a great answer you gave! Thanks for being so helpful to your fellow community members, especially in these difficult times. Please check your direct messages for a small token of our appreciation. :0)

0 Kudos
Top Kudoed Authors
Labels