cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Column Limitations for Rubrics?

Jump to solution

I have created a rubric that has 15 columns (14 correct, 13 correct, 12 correct, ... 0 correct) and I got them all in but I can't change the value for the "1 correct" column. Everything just freezes (although I am able to save the rubric). Is there a column limitation for rubrics?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

I found this previous discussion on this topic - https://community.canvaslms.com/message/44695 - and then did some testing and while I was also able to create 15 columns things started to get super buggy and I wasn't able to really edit or adjust anything on the rubric.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

I found this previous discussion on this topic - https://community.canvaslms.com/message/44695 - and then did some testing and while I was also able to create 15 columns things started to get super buggy and I wasn't able to really edit or adjust anything on the rubric.

View solution in original post

Community Member

Kona - Thanks. I had search but searched on "columns" not "ratings". Yes, my rubric had 15 columns (ratings). I was fine until the last (actually second to last) one. I can't edit it and it seems to freeze some of the columns before it once I try to edit it. If I delete that column, I'm fine. I'll try something else. Good thing to know, however. Maybe someone at Canvas can add a size limitation to the Instructor Guide.

~Cynthia

Agreed. I've messaged someone who works with the guides to ask for clarification and will also ask if that can be included.

Adventurer

We have a open case from Dec that the work around they gave may help with your issue. We are unable to delete rubrics after we hit 8 ratings. The workaround is to drag right side of browser smaller so that the rubric table starts to shrink than drag back to desired size again. Then you can edit like normal.