cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Comments in discussion forum being deleted.

Jump to solution

My student said his comments to postings in the discussion forums were deleted by somebody else. Is it possible?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello liyiyan@cityu.edu.hk Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  This doesn't sound like normal behavior.  The only thing I can think of would be if an instructor had deleted a student's discussion reply (maybe because of questionable content, vulgar language, etc.).  Instructors also have the option, per course, to turn on/off a setting that allows users to edit/delete their own postings.  But, I've not heard of students being able to delete the postings of other students.  I would recommend that the student reach out to the folks at the Canvas Help Desk.  They may be able to investigate further what might be going on.  How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

I hope this will be of help, Stella.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello liyiyan@cityu.edu.hk Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  This doesn't sound like normal behavior.  The only thing I can think of would be if an instructor had deleted a student's discussion reply (maybe because of questionable content, vulgar language, etc.).  Instructors also have the option, per course, to turn on/off a setting that allows users to edit/delete their own postings.  But, I've not heard of students being able to delete the postings of other students.  I would recommend that the student reach out to the folks at the Canvas Help Desk.  They may be able to investigate further what might be going on.  How do I get help with Canvas as a student?

I hope this will be of help, Stella.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Tlhanks. I have reached out the help from the e-learning team of our school. They reply the same way. They are now investigating the issues.

Stella

Labels