Highlighted
Community Member

Common - Expired

I'm trying to access "Common" but it displays "Oops, Session has expired due to inactivtiy".  I refreshed my page, but it still says the same.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Lamplighter

lcharo@judsonisd.org Welcome to the Canvas Community! Have you created a course yet in which you are enrolled as a teacher? Once you've done that, Commons should be able to recognize your role and you will no longer see that error.

Let us know if that works; if not, we'll do our best to help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

The message is still there.  I'm working on a free account for now, but I was told it should still work. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Lamplighter

lcharo@judsonisd.org

Would you try starting a new course from the Dashboard, then double-check to make sure you're enrolled in it as a teacher, and then try accessing Commons again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer III

lcharo@judsonisd.org 

You are not the only person having this issue. They all appear to be with Canvas Free For Teachers accounts.

Here are some links to the other places this discussion is happening, you might be able to pick up some that works from them. One person suggested creating a new account. Another person said Safari works, but Chrome doesn't. The first thread said Canvas is aware of the issue.

0 Kudos