Highlighted
Community Member

Commons won't open for me

Whenever I click Commons and click "Authorize", it says 

Oops, your session has expired due to inactivity

Please refresh to continue working with Commons.

I've tried logging out, refreshing, clicking the button on the left side and right side for options to import from commons and nothing is working

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

SAME!  At first I saved a few "Favorites" in Commons and was loving the Commons life...BUT, for the last week I cannot get Commons to open. I have tried everything you have; I have even cleared my cache and browsing data. I have sent two tech tickets to Canvas, but I have not received any information.  It's frustrating.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adventurer III

Are you using Canvas Free for Teachers? There is another discussion going on about this: Denied Access to Commons 

There Mike Vogt shared the information from Canvas regarding this.

I did follow up with our organization's CSM and also reported this to Instructure's Support desk as well, and the response I got back was not quite what I was hoping for. Instructure did note that it was a known issue and there is no resolution or timeline to the resolution at this point. They did verify that is has been reported by multiple users across multiple instances through the correct channels, but they do not have a solution as yet.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you. I just read that post too.

Currently I have a free teacher version. My school is in the process of transitioning to a paid version of Canvas, so I am hoping that once my account is rolled over, I will be granted access to the Commons again.

It is a GREAT resource. I have felt a little lost without it.

Thank you for getting back to me.

Aimee