cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PhillipP1
Surveyor

Communal space

I wanted to create a space on Canvas that all my classes(courses) could access. I have some interesting videos that are relevant to a number of different courses and just wanted to edit one page that is linked to multiple course rather than having to copy it repeatedly to all of the courses that I want to have access to it.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @PhillipP1 ...

If you school's local Canvas administrator or someone from your school's Online Learning/eLearning department allows it, you could see if they would be willing to create a separate course shell for you where you could house those "common" elements that you'd like to share with students from different courses.  The courses would either have to:

• have all students from all of your courses also enrolled in this extra course shell so that they can access the course content
  • have the course be set as "public" which means that anyone with the link would be able to access the course, leaving the potential that students outside of your courses could see your content

Do you think that either of these options might be a solution for you?  Please keep us posted...thanks!  Take care...be well.