cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tdorsaint8056
Community Member

Communicate Section on Canvas?

Jump to solution

I'm taking my first online course and my professor asked for all the students to post a picture in the communicate section of canvas.... only problem is I'm still learning to navigate it so can someone please give me a step by step of what exactly is the communicate section and how do I get there so I can post my picture

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tdorsaint8056 ,

Out of the box in Canvas, there is no 'Communication' section (defined as such). However, the most likely area you might find this could either be the 'Discussions' area of Canvas. I have seen it used in such a way before. Some teachers choose to hide that option in their courses so you may also find it under 'Modules' in one of the starter modules of your course.

If you are still unable to find it there, I recommend you check out this guide https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10574-4212710325 you can use it to contact your teacher and ask them for more guidance on how they have set up their particular course.

I hope that helps!
Stuart

View solution in original post

1 Reply
stuart_ryan
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @tdorsaint8056 ,

Out of the box in Canvas, there is no 'Communication' section (defined as such). However, the most likely area you might find this could either be the 'Discussions' area of Canvas. I have seen it used in such a way before. Some teachers choose to hide that option in their courses so you may also find it under 'Modules' in one of the starter modules of your course.

If you are still unable to find it there, I recommend you check out this guide https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10574-4212710325 you can use it to contact your teacher and ask them for more guidance on how they have set up their particular course.

I hope that helps!
Stuart

View solution in original post