cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Conference Student Screensharing

Jump to solution

I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere (I swear I looked everywhere)... 

In a Canvas Conference can students share their screen?  I just tried this and couldn't find that option for the student, even after giving them presentation controls.  

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

After sending a message to BigBlueButton on facebook our faculty found a solution...If you promote a student to presenter they can share their screen. And I just tested this and it worked however it allows one presenter at a time.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted

#screen

student control‌

#Screensharing in conferences

conferences‌

conferences; big blue button; desktop share‌

conference tool‌

web conference‌

conference participation‌

#big blue button

I just called the CANVAS online help to ask this question.The answer is NO a student cannot share their screens. BigBlueButton is an external tool that Canvas does not control. Individual schools may have a setting or ability in BigBlueButton to allow students to screen share.. I am a software design and development teacher and students need to show me the coding and computing work they are doing.

When connect on facebook BigBlueButton said if you make students a presenter they can share ...so Ill try that next time

PS  So instead I use Adobe Connect Adobe web conferencing software | Adobe Connect so that students can share their screens

Highlighted

After sending a message to BigBlueButton on facebook our faculty found a solution...If you promote a student to presenter they can share their screen. And I just tested this and it worked however it allows one presenter at a time.

View solution in original post

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels