cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Conferences

Jump to solution

I have read all relevant information this website that I can possibly find but all information just says click on the conferences link. If you don't know what the conferences link is, that information is completely not helpful. My instructor has asked us to click on the conferences link to become familiar with how it works, however, I cannot locate the conferences link. Can you please direct me to where and how I specifically can find this link. Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi alva9570@bears.unco.edu‌ ~

Many times, the "link" for Conferences is along the left-hand side of the course (when accessed on a web browser). The order of the links such as People, Pages, Assignments, Grades, Announcements, Conferences, etc. may appear in a different order for each course, as the instructor decides how to organize them. Your instructor may also create a link from an assignment, module, or page to the conference itself; if there isn't a link in the left-hand course navigation, that may be the case.

Do you have a TA or a way to contact your instructor directly? A quick email may be helpful to you and to your classmates. I'm sure you're not the only one with the question. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi alva9570@bears.unco.edu‌ ~

Many times, the "link" for Conferences is along the left-hand side of the course (when accessed on a web browser). The order of the links such as People, Pages, Assignments, Grades, Announcements, Conferences, etc. may appear in a different order for each course, as the instructor decides how to organize them. Your instructor may also create a link from an assignment, module, or page to the conference itself; if there isn't a link in the left-hand course navigation, that may be the case.

Do you have a TA or a way to contact your instructor directly? A quick email may be helpful to you and to your classmates. I'm sure you're not the only one with the question. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Explorer

Hey alva9570@bears.unco.edu‌ I second kristin.lundstrum@delasalle.com - the best thing to do is contact the instructor. One thing they may not realize is that if there isn't a conference already in there, it may not show to the students. Canvas tabs won't appear in the students view if they don't have any content.‌

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

alva9570@bears.unco.edu,

Were you able to find an answer to your question? I am going to go ahead and mark this question as answered because there hasn't been any more activity in a while so I assume that you have the information that you need. If you still have a question about this or if you have information that you would like to share with the community, by all means, please do come back and leave a comment.  Also, if this question has been answered by one of the previous replies, please feel free to mark that answer as correct.

Robbie