cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vzotova
Community Member

Conflicting due dates

Hi, my question has to do with assigning different due dates. I read some of the previous discussions, but need clarification on my particular question. I have a class with two sections of the same class, each section taking the quiz within 2 set hours on different dates for each section. I have several students in each section that need to be able to take the quiz any time on the same date as their section.

So, I have assigned the whole sections their respective 2-hour times and assigned the full days for the students in question. In this way, however, these students seem to be included in both the full section and in their individual (extended time). Is that ok? I want to make sure the full-class restriction will not be applied to these students, and I am wondering whether I need to type each of the remaining students in the 2-hour slot or it is ok to just specify the whole section (these are big sections...). I cannot do Everyone else because that would include both section, and my two sections take the quiz on different days/times.

Thanks! 

4 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @vzotova ‌

If I am understanding what you have described, this should work just fine.

Kelley

vzotova
Community Member

Thank you!

Basically, I meant assigning the whole section a short window AND assigning a few students from the same section a larger window to take the test.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

I concur that it should work. Previous experience for me has shown that when you give an individual student their own due dates/times it overrides any larger group or section or class they might also be a part of. 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @vzotova ...

I have been reviewing older discussion topics here in the Canvas Community, and I stumbled upon your question.  I wanted to check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this topic since December 13, 2017.  In reviewing the above conversation, it looks like both  @kmeeusen  and  @kona  have been able to provide you with some guidance on your question.  Do you feel that your question has been answered?  If so, please feel free to mark either Kelley's or Kona's response as "Correct".  However, if you are still looking for some help from members of the Community, please come back to this thread and post a message below letting us know how we might be able to help as it relates to this topic.  For now, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered" because there hasn't been any new activity here for almost four months.  However, that won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions and/or comments below that are related to this topic.  I hope that's alright with you, Victoria.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.