cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Connection of Canvas Calendar to Google Calendar.

Dear Team,

I am new to Canvas, and if this question has been asked too many times I am sorry. I know that I can link my Canvas calendar to my Google calendar. My question is, can I share my Google classroom calendar with my parents so they can have a quick view of the calendar and assignments through their mobile devices?  Many of my parents would like to have the option to view the calendar through their mobile devices rather than always logging into their child's Canvas page. Thank you for your help!

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

ehardesty@wcusd200.org​, since your Google classroom calendar is outside of the Canvas system, then it would probably depend on the sharing options for Google calendar. I did a quick search and found this page - Share your calendar with someone - Calendar Help - which makes it seem like sharing your classroom calendar with parents shouldn't be an issue.

Hope this helps!

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

Eric - Additionally each user in Canvas has that same external calendar feed option, so parents could also take that URL and share it to their own Outlook/Google/iCal.  Perhaps as part of an announcement/newsletter to your students/parents, you can provide them the community link for instructions on how to accomplish this.

Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you Hyrum and Kona for the quick reply and suggestions. I will work on setting up the calendar and share the links with my parents.

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels