cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Content not visible in student view

Jump to solution

On some of my sections, the announcements and syllabus is not showing up in student view. Why is this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi hyoungblood77@yahoo.com Welcome to the Canvas Community!

This is because you have not made those course menu items available to your students (syllabus), or (with just the announcements) there is no content in that area (no announcements).

Learn more at............

I hope this is helpful, and enjoy the holiday weekend!

Kelley

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Just for other responders, it appears that Hope is using the latest version of Firefox.  Hope, are you seeing Student View operating normally in some courses but not in others or are you consistently not able to see the announcements and syllabi?

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Yes, Everything is as it should be in 3 sections, but the other 2 aren't showing them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi hyoungblood77@yahoo.com Welcome to the Canvas Community!

This is because you have not made those course menu items available to your students (syllabus), or (with just the announcements) there is no content in that area (no announcements).

Learn more at............

I hope this is helpful, and enjoy the holiday weekend!

Kelley

View solution in original post

Highlighted

It is available in some but not in others.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Boo urns Instructure: you changed your website hierarchy now most of your knowledge base links don't work. You just linked to the solution rather than explaining it here, and now that knowledge isn't accessible. (oh, the irony of that topic in this thread)

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12933-415257079 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Thanks everyone. I've figured out how to solve my problem, but I'm still not sure why the settings were different in 2 of my sections.

0 Kudos
Labels