Convert Quiz to Question Bank

Jump to solution
cnilsen
Community Member

I am looking to go to Commons and import three separate quizzes and make them one large quiz, but keep each topic as a question bank.  Is there a way to convert an imported quiz into a quiz question bank so I can assign only so many of the questions and randomize which questions students get?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @cnilsen 

It took a bit of testing, because I had not done this for awhile, but it can be done.

Enjoy,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PatrickCoin
Community Explorer

Using Canvas quizzes "classic" (not New Quizzes), in September 2023, this procedure will not work for me unless I do not specify an existing quiz bank on import of the QTI file. If I try to do that, the import does not happen. I also have to be sure to tell it to "create new question bank", but do not specify a name for it. Then a question bank is created with the same name as the imported quiz. 

At least that is what seems to happen. The whole thing is so roundabout, with so many options at each stage, it is a bit difficult to track. Hoping there is a better procedure new quizzes, because this one is very tedious. 

View solution in original post