cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahofer
Community Member

Copied Assignment not syncing correctly

I have the same weekly assignment given each week. I copied the assignment from one week in a module and renamed it for the new week and updated the information for the current module.  The issue comes when it syncs to my SIS.  The new assignment (Week 3) will replace the original (week 2) in the SIS.  Is this because it is copied?

Any thoughts?

Tags (2)
7 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@ahofer , what SIS are you using?

ahofer
Community Member

We use PowerSchool.

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there,  @ahofer !

While I don't have an answer for you myself, I thought I'd let you know that I'm going to share your question with a couple groups here in the Canvas Community: https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/k12 and https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/admins?sr=search&searchId=b1a77793-86a9-43a5-8f42-6ba0ee50aac...‌.  If you're not following either of these groups, you can click on the links I've provided and then click on the "Follow" button at the top right corner of the screen.  I hope this will be of help to you, Adam!

ahofer
Community Member

Thank you!  A quick update: My building admin suggested it may be due to the rubric I have attached to the original assignment and then pulled it into the new assignment.  I'm exploring to see if this is the issue.  Thanks for your help.

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Please let us know if that does the trick!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hey there,  @ahofer !!  I thought I would check in with you because it's been a couple months since there was any new activity in this thread.  Were you able to get this issue resolved?  If you would be able to come back to this thread to provide an update for us, that would be great!  For now, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered"...not because an answer has necessarily been provided, but because we haven't seen much activity in this thread for over two months.  This won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions/comments below, however.  Hope that's alright with you.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon, Adam.

cgurysh
Surveyor

I just discovered the issue myself. We also use PowerSchool and I copied a weekly assignment. It appears that the copied assignment replaced the original assignment altogether when I did the sync to PowerSchool.