Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Copy/Paste

Jump to solution

Good morning,

How do you copy/past inside Canvas? I get the error "Please use Ctrl+V/Cmd+V keyboard shortcuts to paste contents." However, it does not allow copy/paste.

Sincerely,

Chelsea Garcia

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Stephanie,

Thank you for the information. I use Internet Explorer, since I know the problem I will try and figure out how to change my browser settings.

Chelsea

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

chelseagarcia@letu.edu, this is not exactly a Canvas issue, and I've seen this error on other websites that have rich text editors; it's an adjustment you will need to make in your browser. First, make sure your browser version is up-to-date (at this writing, Firefox is on version 46.0 and Chrome is on 50.0.2661.94 m).  I haven't seen this message for awhile, and I'm primarily a Firefox user, so if you're using up-to-date Firefox, I don't believe you need to download an extension. If you're a Chrome user, download Allow Clipboard - Chrome Web Store . After you've added the extension and have restarted your browser, the copy-paste functions, either via right-click or keyboard commands, should work.

Highlighted

Stephanie,

Thank you for the information. I use Internet Explorer, since I know the problem I will try and figure out how to change my browser settings.

Chelsea

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for posting the update, chelseagarcia@letu.edu! While Internet Explorer 11 is a supported browser (and for more info about recommended browsers, please refer to Which browsers does Canvas support?), generally speaking we find that students and teachers have fewer problems when accessing Canvas through either Chrome or Firefox--so a quick solution to the copy-paste issue might be to use one of these other browsers instead. I've marked your response with the "Correct Answer" designation, but feel free to continue to post if you still need help troubleshooting this.