Copy a class to one teacher

Jump to solution
Community Novice

how can a teacher copy a course to one teacher

1 Solution
lgdarnay
Community Explorer

There are a couple of ways you could accomplish this! 

- The first teacher with the main course could add the other teacher to the course as a "teacher" role in the people area of the course (How do I add users to a course?). Then the other teacher can use the "copy a canvas course" process to import the course content into their empty/shell course. Follow this guide: How do I copy a Canvas course into a new course shell? (after the process is done, the first teacher can remove the other teacher from the main course.) 

- The first teacher can export the course as an export file and give the other teacher access to that file either through a cloud based file (google drive, dropbox, etc.). The other teacher can then import that course file into their empty/shell course. Follow these guides: How do I export a Canvas course? How do I import a Canvas course export package?

- The first teacher could share the course via commons to your school or district commons group. The other teacher can then import the course into their empty/shell course. Follow these guides: How do I share a course to Commons? How do I import and view a Commons resource in Canvas?  (The first teacher could remove the resource in commons after the import process if they don't wish to leave it there.) 

Hope these options help! 

View solution in original post