cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Copying Group Homepages and Files Over Multiple Semesters

Jump to solution

I manage design courses that run over the course of two semesters.  Is it possible to easily copy student group content over to the new semester?

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately no, you can't copy group settings from one course to the next. sadpanda​

There is a feature idea request for this - ​ - that you might want to vote on!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Unfortunately no, you can't copy group settings from one course to the next. sadpanda​

There is a feature idea request for this - ​ - that you might want to vote on!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Let me just add that although you cannot copy Group content from one semester's course to another, if you are teaching a course that runs across multiple semesters it is possible to set the course to remain open across multiple semesters or even years.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Deactivated user -

I am not sure of what you want to transfer over, but I just posted a question (Course content copy problem ) that may provide you some insight on a way you may be able to do what you want.  I will also explain it below.  This (as far as I can tell) will only work if the student is a member of both courses.  If you want a student in a new course to view the content of an old course, go to the old course find the url for the content and copy it.  then in the new course you can create a link to that information.  When the link is clicked on, it takes you to that course information.

May not be a desirable - or useful - method, but it is something that does allow a student to connect with their information from a previous semester.

I of course Like scottd@instructure.com answer - much easier to implement without knowing all of the fine details.