cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Copying Quizzes and Outcomes into other courses

Jump to solution

I created a quiz and added outcomes to it in my shell course. I then tried to copy the quiz into all my other course sections. The quiz copied fine but the outcomes didn't go with it. Do I have to manually enter the outcomes for each question in each course section or is there something I'm missing. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Navigator

Instead of using the copy feature from the quiz itself, try using "copy a canvas course." 

Go to course settings, from the right-side menu select "import course content"

In content type select "copy a canvas course" and then select the course with the quiz and outcomes.

Choose "select specific content"

Select the quiz and also any rubric associated with the outcome. 

I think this should import your outcomes, and retain the association to the quiz, but if not, there is also a way to import outcomes: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-import-outcomes-for-a-course/ta-p/702

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Navigator

Instead of using the copy feature from the quiz itself, try using "copy a canvas course." 

Go to course settings, from the right-side menu select "import course content"

In content type select "copy a canvas course" and then select the course with the quiz and outcomes.

Choose "select specific content"

Select the quiz and also any rubric associated with the outcome. 

I think this should import your outcomes, and retain the association to the quiz, but if not, there is also a way to import outcomes: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-import-outcomes-for-a-course/ta-p/702

View solution in original post

Highlighted

But doesn't "Copy a Canvas Course" end up making an entirely new course?  How can you copy outcomes from one course to another?  How can a department share outcomes and resources??

0 Kudos
Highlighted

There is an "import from commons" on your home page.  Don't use that; it will import everything saved in whatever course you copy.  Specifically, in the right side menu of course settings (not the home page) there is "import course content."  The content type "copy a canvas course" allows you to copy all or part of a course.  To copy part of a course you need to chose the option to select specific content during the import.  In that case the first step of the import will be a request for you to select content, and a checklist of all content will be provided for that purpose.  Outcomes are one of the categories in the checklist.  You can copy the entire category or open it to select only the specific outcome of interest. 

In order to copy the content this way you need to be enrolled as a teacher in the course you are copying from.  In my department we have a course with all faculty that teach the same course enrolled as teachers (and no students).  We each copy content into the shared course whenever we have something to share.  But there are only four of us.

Since it is specifically outcomes that you want to share, the link in my earlier post gives you instructions for transferring the outcomes as a csv file. 

0 Kudos