cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lwhitemcnulty
Surveyor

Copying a Rubric for Differentiated Project

Jump to solution

I just created one rubric for a project that I will differentiate. I'd like to copy it, then change some of the requirements for some students. It seems like my only options are "edit" or "delete." Any suggestions?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you open a finished rubric, as in to edit it, I've had success changing the name. By changing the Project 1 Rubric's name to Project 1a, the information stays, but the title changes. I can find my original copy in the list of available rubrics, too. The only issue is that you can't have more than one rubric attached to a single assignment. I think you could assign different "versions" to specific groups pretty easily, however. (How do I assign an assignment to a course section?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

@lwhitemcnulty , on this guide are the directions for copying a rubric - https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12861-4152724129 (scroll down to the "copy rubric" heading). It's not totally straightforward, but I've used it before and it does work!

Hope this helps! Kona

lwhitemcnulty
Surveyor

Thanks, but this doesn't solve my issue. I have already created a rubric. I want to duplicate it so that I can use the original plus modify the copy to differentiate the assignment. L

If you open a finished rubric, as in to edit it, I've had success changing the name. By changing the Project 1 Rubric's name to Project 1a, the information stays, but the title changes. I can find my original copy in the list of available rubrics, too. The only issue is that you can't have more than one rubric attached to a single assignment. I think you could assign different "versions" to specific groups pretty easily, however. (How do I assign an assignment to a course section?

View solution in original post

e02175
Surveyor

Agreed! I wish there was a "Make a copy" like function on rubrics, very similar to a Google Doc where I could modify the copy.  Much like we can duplicate assignments.