Could not change password from app. Changed online but the app hasn't updated.

Jump to solution
scottcamp99
Community Member

I tried using the password reset from the app but, like so many things in the app, it doesn't work.  The link you receive just takes you straight back to the "choose your institution" page and NOT to the password reset page.  A pretty amateur coding error.  So, I tried changing the app online.  That worked..but ONLY online.  The app hasn't updated.  If I can't use the app to monitor my children's work, then Canvas, as a whole, is utterly useless.  The organization of the Observer resources makes utterly no sense and I've had numerous experiences in UI design.  This entirely looks like it was thrown together over beers on a weekend.  

So....how on Earth, can I change the login info in the app??? Is it even possible?

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @scottcamp99  -

With the Canvas Parent app, I tried the password reset process as prompted on my screen. After receiving the email in my Gmail inbox for password assistance, it launched a new tab in Chrome. Then, I updated my log-in information and was able to use it in the Canvas Parent app.

Do you have Canvas links set to auto-open an app rather than asking where to open them?

I'm sorry you haven't had good luck with the Observer interface. I have several resources I'm able to share if you're interested! I have many about Canvas Observer (for web) and Canvas Parent (iOS/Android). While they're starting points, many times the user-experience is greatly influenced by each teacher's unique adoption and use of Canvas.

View solution in original post