Course Copies and Announcements, Syllabus

nlatimer
Community Champion

Hello Everyone,

I have my teachers import course content from the course they taught last year into new course shells created by PowerSchool. We use "copy a Canvas course" and "All Content."  We have two issues with this:

1) There does not seem to be a way to get rid of announcements all at one time. We remove all the dates when we copy the course, but this does not apply to announcements, and there is no way to unpublish them. All we seem to be able to do is to delete them one at a time or edit each and delay posting. I realize that we could "select specific content" to copy, but that actually complicates things more than we would like.

2) We copy the course syllabus and I have teachers unpublish their assignments. But - the assignments still appear on the syllabus page (without dates). This is also the case in Student View.

Does anyone have any ideas, short of selecting specific content on the course copy?  Also, I think it would be great if we could choose to unpublish EVERYTHING in a course prior to doing a copy. The course comes across upublished, but the publication status of individual items remains what it was. Since this was a "live course" from last year, that means the bulk of the items have to be unpublished manually.

If I am missing something or you know a better way, I am all ears!  ;^)

Thank you,

Nancy