cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Course Discussion Doesn't Always Function for My Classes. Help!

Jump to solution

Course Discussions--I have several students who recently have not had the "Reply" button appear on their canvas pages following my initial discussion prompt. Basically, the reply button just isn't there so they cannot post at all on assigned discussions. In these situations, I typically have about 25 students in a class and 20 or so of them will be able to reply but 4-5 will not have the button. It is different students all the time so the problem does not appear to be on the student end. Any ideas? #coursediscussions

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Bob,

I haven't heard of that happening before at my school, but when weird things like this do happen the first thing I check is to ensure the student is using a Canvas approved browser. (Which browsers does Canvas support?)

As well as ensure the student clears their browser cache‌.

How do I clear my browser cache on a PC? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10708-67952720330 

If none of these help or correct the issue I'd recommend having the student submit a #canvas support tickets‌ as they have access to more information about the student and their browser they are using and always provide great assistance. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

Hi Bob,

I haven't heard of that happening before at my school, but when weird things like this do happen the first thing I check is to ensure the student is using a Canvas approved browser. (Which browsers does Canvas support?)

As well as ensure the student clears their browser cache‌.

How do I clear my browser cache on a PC? 

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10708-67952720330 

If none of these help or correct the issue I'd recommend having the student submit a #canvas support tickets‌ as they have access to more information about the student and their browser they are using and always provide great assistance. 

View solution in original post