cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Course Merging

Jump to solution

I currently have 2 courses, 1 course is for 5th grade the other is for 4th grade. In my 5th grade course i have sections, one for each period. My 4th grade is just a course with no sections, i want to export the 4th grade course and import it in one of the sections in my 5th grade class.

I tried to import the 4th grade course in my 5th grade course however i was not able to import the content in the specific section. Is there any way to import the exported content in a specific section of another course?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Surveyor

Hey patelprem747@gmail.com​, while I don't have a lot of experience working with courses with sections, it has been my experience that all of the content is shared across the sections unless it is content that has been assigned to a particular section using Differentiated Assignments​. So it is my guess that after importing this content from the 4th grade course into the 5th grade course you will need to go through the assignments and assign them to the correct section in the 5th grade course. You may want to stage them in a sandbox course so you can unpublish them before importing to avoid unwanted notifications going out to the entire student population in the 5th grade course.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Surveyor

Hey patelprem747@gmail.com​, while I don't have a lot of experience working with courses with sections, it has been my experience that all of the content is shared across the sections unless it is content that has been assigned to a particular section using Differentiated Assignments​. So it is my guess that after importing this content from the 4th grade course into the 5th grade course you will need to go through the assignments and assign them to the correct section in the 5th grade course. You may want to stage them in a sandbox course so you can unpublish them before importing to avoid unwanted notifications going out to the entire student population in the 5th grade course.

View solution in original post

Community Coach
Community Coach

patelprem747@gmail.com, did Adam's suggestion work for you?

Community Team
Community Team

patelprem747@gmail.com, since we haven't heard from you in awhile, I'm going to mark awilliams​'s response with the "Correct Answer" designation. The question remains open for participation, so if you still need help, just post a new reply.