cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Course Order on Dashboard?

Jump to solution

Hello,

I'm looking for some official documentation (or at least a detailed response) on how courses are organized on the dashboard. I was led to believe that courses would be organized alphabetically by course code, but that doesn't always seem to be the case. Does anyone know how courses are officially ordered in the Dashboard?

Thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello nicholas.devine@bpiedu.com Welcome to the Canvas Community.  I'm not sure if you are an instructor or a student, but I'm going to share a few instructor Guides with you that may be of some help as it relates to the courses that appear on your Dashboard.  Have you looked through the following...

How do I view course cards in the Dashboard as an instructor? 

How do I customize my Courses list as an instructor? 

Also, I know that you may not be specifically asking about this, but you may be interested in reading through a "Canvancement" (Canvas Enhancement) from james@richland.edu‌ called Sorting Dashboard Course Cards.  This is a script you can install to re-order the course cards on your Dashboard (if that was maybe a reason for your above question?).

I hope that this information is helpful to you, Nick!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello nicholas.devine@bpiedu.com Welcome to the Canvas Community.  I'm not sure if you are an instructor or a student, but I'm going to share a few instructor Guides with you that may be of some help as it relates to the courses that appear on your Dashboard.  Have you looked through the following...

How do I view course cards in the Dashboard as an instructor? 

How do I customize my Courses list as an instructor? 

Also, I know that you may not be specifically asking about this, but you may be interested in reading through a "Canvancement" (Canvas Enhancement) from james@richland.edu‌ called Sorting Dashboard Course Cards.  This is a script you can install to re-order the course cards on your Dashboard (if that was maybe a reason for your above question?).

I hope that this information is helpful to you, Nick!

View solution in original post

Community Coach
Community Coach

nicholas.devine@bpiedu.com,  https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/3450-drag-courses-on-dashboard" modifiedtitle="true" title="Dr... is open for voting as well. Feel free to vote and add comments to that thread!