Course Structure

martin_rowley2
Community Explorer

Hi all,

I am currently setting up course structures for our new instance of Canvas but have hit a bit of a stumbling block.  The programmes run have an element of mix and match units about them which results in very complex enrolments.  Please see example below

Course A

Completes module 1, 2 and 3

Course B

Completes module 3, 4 and 5

Course C

Completes module 1,3 and 5

The desire is for these staff to update the module content once and it be pulled into all 3 courses where appropriate and the students only see the relevant modules to them.  My first thought was to utilise blueprints but it appears that a course can only have a relationship with one blueprint so while I can push module 3 out to all courses I can't push module 5 to just two without creating content and syncing in a very specific order.  The content will be updated throughout the year so I need for staff to be able to either use more than one blueprint course (one per module I guess) or be able to push very specific content at any one time to the desired course.

If anyone has come across this issue before and overcome it or has any suggestions or recommendations it would be greatly appreciated.