cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wmack
Community Member

Course automatically favorited on Dashboard

I apologize if this has already been asked before, but I was unable to find any answers in my search.  

We recently pushed a "Resource Course" that we enrolled all students in via a CSV.  The course had not been assigned to a term with a definite start or end date.  Although there was nothing in the CSV that triggered or untriggered favorites, the course was automatically added to all students Dashboards.  Unfortunately, we discovered that if a student had never "favorited" a course, this course overrode the semester's courses and removed all other courses from the dashboard.  

Is there any way to both fix this and to prevent this from happening in the future?

Thanks for your help!

4 Replies
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Due to the technical nature of this question I'm going to share it with the Canvas Developers group in the Community. They are the ones that work with this side of Canvas and should hopefully be able to help! In addition, you might consider joining the Developers group and checking out some of their other resources/information!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @wmack ‌...

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for you, but I thought I'd check in with you because there hasn't been any new activity in this discussion topic since February 21st.  Since your initial posting, have you been able to come up with a solution on your own that you would be willing to share back here with members of the Canvas Community?  Or, are you still looking for assistance with this question?  If you could please come back here to provide an update, that would be great.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon, Wendy!

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello once again  @wmack ‌...

I am checking in with you one more time because we've not yet heard back from you.  I am hopeful that you've been able to find a solution to your initial question by now.  However, if you're still looking for some help, please let us know that, too.  We look forward to hearing from you soon, Wendy!

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @wmack ‌ ~ About six months ago, you posted this question for the Canvas Community to answer. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much activity on this discussion thread. I see that  @chofer ‌ reached out in April and in June to see how things are going, and I, too am curious! Were you able to find a solution? If you did, let the Community know. Smiley Happy For now, due to the inactivity of the discussion, I'm going to mark the question as "Assumed Answered", but that will not prevent you or any other Community member from commenting and reopening the discussion.