cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor II

Course links that do not open in a new window?

It appears that when putting a course link into the RCE, the default is to open a new window when the link is clicked.  Is there a way to not have it open a new window, and just go to that page? Don't know that it makes a difference, but I'm linking from an image to a module.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

@susan13 ...

I might be mistaken, but if you are linking to other content within the same course, the default should be that things open in the same window/tab...not that things open in a new window/tab.  The only time that things open in a new window/tab would be if the link is pointing to an external website...such as Google.com or Yahoo.com, for example.  You could try clicking on the image to highlight it, and then hit the keyboard combination Ctrl+K.  This should open up a link to edit the link, and you could specify the if the link should open up in a new tab/window or not.

I hope this helps, Susan.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Thanks!  Oddly enough, when I removed the link and re-inserted it, it worked.  Not sure what was going on there.  The universe is a strange and mysterious place.  That, or my browser was caching something.  😁

Stay well!

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels