cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Course outlines

Jump to solution

I've not received any course outlines. I'm also having trouble 'starring' my courses, does this mean there are no postings for this course yet? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello judy.androsoff@mail.utoronto.ca Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your questions.  Let's see if we can get some answer for you tonight...

I've not received any course outlines.

This seems like this would be a question that you'd need to ask your instructors.  You can easily contact your instructors via Canvas by using the "Help" link on the left-hand side of your course environment and then click on "Ask Your Instructor a Question".  More information on this can be found in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student? 

I'm also having trouble 'starring' my courses, does this mean there are no postings for this course yet?

Please check out the information in this Guide: How do I customize my Courses list as a student?   There are a couple statements in this Guide about favoriting courses with the star:

• You can favorite any published course that appears in the My Courses section on the course list page. (in the blue box)
  • If a course is unpublished and you are allowed to view unpublished courses before the course start date, you cannot favorite the course. If you hover over a star icon for an unpublished course, you can view a message indicating that the course cannot be added as a favorite.  Future and past enrollments also cannot be favorited. (within "View Unpublished Courses")

I hope this information is helpful to you, Judy.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello judy.androsoff@mail.utoronto.ca Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your questions.  Let's see if we can get some answer for you tonight...

I've not received any course outlines.

This seems like this would be a question that you'd need to ask your instructors.  You can easily contact your instructors via Canvas by using the "Help" link on the left-hand side of your course environment and then click on "Ask Your Instructor a Question".  More information on this can be found in this Guide: How do I get help with Canvas as a student? 

I'm also having trouble 'starring' my courses, does this mean there are no postings for this course yet?

Please check out the information in this Guide: How do I customize my Courses list as a student?   There are a couple statements in this Guide about favoriting courses with the star:

• You can favorite any published course that appears in the My Courses section on the course list page. (in the blue box)
  • If a course is unpublished and you are allowed to view unpublished courses before the course start date, you cannot favorite the course. If you hover over a star icon for an unpublished course, you can view a message indicating that the course cannot be added as a favorite.  Future and past enrollments also cannot be favorited. (within "View Unpublished Courses")

I hope this information is helpful to you, Judy.

View solution in original post