cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Course summary below syllabus, how to delete?

How do I get rid of the "Course Summary" at the bottom of my syllabus? The dates that appear there are left over from other courses and confusing to this semester's students.  However, I cannot figure out how to delete them.

Any suggestions are much appreciated!

Thank you!

Sherry Rosenthal

6 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello sherry.rosenthal@csn.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  The information you see in the "Course Summary" section of your "Syllabus" is coming from assignments and events in your course.  You can read more about this here: How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor?  Since this will list assignments for your course, you can't really get rid of it.  However, there is a Feature Idea open for voting that I think covers what you are asking for: https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/6601-option-to-exclude-assignments-from-syllabus" modifiedtitl....  If you feel that this Feature Idea is similar to what you'd like to be able to do in Canvas, please consider voting for it and also leaving a comment as to why it is important to you.  The folks at Instructure do read our comments.  I hope this helps, Sherry.

Hello again, sherry.rosenthal@csn.edu...

I found an additional discussion topic that you might want to take a look at: Syllabus Without Assignments.  The solution that canvas.admin@rts.edu offers would work, however (as kenneth.larsen@usu.edu correctly points out), the code applied to your school's global CSS file would apply to all courses...not just yours.  So, even though you may want the "Course Summary" information hidden from your course(s), other instructors at your school may still want this showing in their courses.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

sherry.rosenthal@csn.edu Welcome to the Canvas Community! chofer@morainepark.edu‌ has given you great information (thanks, Chris!). I'll add that when you edit the assignments on the Assignments page and events in the Calendar in the new course—I'm assuming here that you've copied the course content from a previous semester—so as to reflect the due dates for the current semester, the syllabus list will automatically update, thereby eliminating confusion. You can learn more about that in How do I add or edit details in an assignment? and https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-13061-415254672 

Highlighted
Surveyor

If you go to the Syllabus page and click edit, there is a box below the content of the actual syllabus that says Show Course Summary.  If you just uncheck the box next to it, the course summary will go away.

Highlighted

How awesome are you!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted

"If you go to the Syllabus page and click edit, there is a box below the content of the actual syllabus that says Show Course Summary. If you just uncheck the box next to it, the course summary will go away."

That was PERFECT!

0 Kudos
Labels